I'd like to plan a trip to southern Vermont for the first weekend of March, and wanted to gauge interest before I put in a lot of work.

Mike & I stayed at this gorgeous resort on an Okemo trip last year - it's a little pricier than the lodging you may be used to from WS&R's typical ski trips, but it's got every amenity, including indoor & outdoor heated pools, spa, exercise room, massage, and a nice on-site restaurant.  It's called the Hawk Inn & Mountain Resort.  I have yet to negotiate numbers, but I anticipate it'll be $100-$150 per person, per night, double occupancy for Friday/Saturday nights or $75-$100 if we stay through to Monday.

For lift tickets, Tony is working on getting us eligible for Okemo's discount that weekend, $46 on each of Saturday and Sunday.  Potter Brothers is also offering a flex day at Bromley that Sunday and Monday for $29.95 each.  If you prefer, Killington's Skye Base is also nearby, and it's actually the least crowded place to park, eat, and board the gondola at Killington.  (Shhh - don't spread this secret around.)

I'd try to coordinate group rates for the lodging and a Saturday night group dinner, (and possibly a Friday evening wine-and-cheese party).  Travel and skiing would be a la carte.

So?  Who would be interested???  Also, what's better?  Friday-Sunday?  Saturday-Monday?  Friday-Monday?

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds good.  I'll have to see what work is like... maybe I could sneak out earlier.  Either way, I'll just drive to you straight from work.

For March 16-18, that sounds possible. Probably in for this one.

so to confirm 198 is with 2 days skiing and two nights at the Hawk

How do we pay? Individual/direct to the lodge? Separate for lodging and lift? Or does the Hawk require one lump sum? 

This deal is individual, direct to the lodge, but let's keep track of numbers of attendees so I can try to sweet-talk them into throwing in free continental breakfasts.

Interested attendees should call 1-800-685-HAWK to reserve the Okemo "Stay & Ski" package: http://www.hawkresort.com/packages/index.html

Please also RSVP here: http://www.facebook.com/events/363460937012607/ so I can keep track of our numbers when I try to negotiate more perks from the inn.

Thanks. I'll switch this thread to "Recent comments first" because I noticed we have to click to a second page to see the latest replies.  Also will post as an event now that booking details are available.

I'm booking during my lunch break today...need a roomie!  Ladies, anyone going??

Hi folks- I posted this as a Calendar Event-- That way we can RSVP on there as well and keep it featured so that you don't have to go digging in the Discussion section to find it. 

Brian- if you want I can close this discussion down and we can continue everything on the Event page.... (Unfortunately I don't think I can move all of these comments-- but I have posted the important details that show up in them.)

RSS

FOR THE LATEST

Follow westchesterski on Twitter

Members

Slope Stories

10 SWEET WAYS TO SAVE TIME AT THE SLOPES

1.     Go late. Sure, it sounds counterintuitive to getting some skiing in. But avoiding the morning crowds at the lift booth and rental counter may give you more sleep time in…

More

by WSR on February 7, 2014 at 10:00am

VERMONT HAS THE "SCENE." NEW HAMPSHIRE HAS THE SCENERY.

You’ve skied Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont, and you’ve skied New England. Right?…

More

by WSR on April 2, 2013 at 8:30am

Forum

WSR "Read Me First"

Important stuff for all Members.

2 discussions

"Join Me for a Trip to..."

Want to organize your own day trip? Post here! Remember to post times, meeting places, and any other info your attendees may need. A link to the mountain helps too. Please do NOT post trips for days when we have WSR calendar events scheduled without prior approval. Have fun!

15 discussions

Ride Needed / Provided

Post if you need a ride to a trip, or can offer one. Please use this simple format in your header: "DRIVING (destination name) or "NEED (destination name)"

2 discussions

Find an On-Slope Ski / Ride Buddy here!

This board is for anyone who wants someone to ski the same trails with for any WSR events. (To find a buddy for your own TRIP, please post on the "Join Me..." board.)

0 discussions

OFFERS OF INTEREST

© 2018   by WSR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service